SofterWare is a dynamic, established company that builds multiple software-as-a-service (SaaS) products for clients whose dedication to bettering the world brings meaning to the work we do every day. Thousands of nonprofit organizations look to DonorPerfect software to effectively leverage their donor data, launch impactful fundraising campaigns, and grow the community that supports their cause.
Life at SofterWare
When you join SofterWare, you will:
- See the positive impact of your work by helping causes you care about
- Be part of a company culture that values work-life balance and giving back to local organizations together as a team.
- Work for a company that has been named a Top Workplace in the Philadelphia region 9 times and made the Inc. 5000- list for fastests-growing private companies 8 times in the last decade.
Your Role as a Systems Engineer:
The Systems Engineer will serve as a technician for all systems related to SofterWare’s server, network, cloud and hosted infrastructure environments both physical and virtual. The engineer will work directly with the IT Manager and IT Operations team members to implement solutions that provide high availability and redundancy by following industry best practices as they relate to information security and availability. This is primarily a Windows Server environment with some Linux systems present.
The successful candidate will be able to look at simple and complex system environments to troubleshoot any number of problems including, but not limited to, firewall issues, Windows Active Directory complexities, DNS, and SSL certificate administration. The candidate will need the skills and flexibility to work on a new cloud deployment one day and help to troubleshoot a networking or Active Directory issue the next. The AWS ecosystem is highly ingrained in our everyday work, from load balancers, EC2 instances and S3 buckets to Redshift, AWS Connect, etc. The ability to professionally present ideas and work side-by-side with both senior engineers and management is essential. The ability to learn and show progressive career development and advancement is key for this role.
- Proactively manage and support a complex AWS environment
- Lead technology projects and drive continuous improvements
- Work alongside Sr. engineers to provide technical guidance for system administration activities and drive issues to resolution
- Monitor, troubleshoot and make improvements upon systems and infrastructure at all levels within a LAN/WAN/Cloud environment
- Serve as a technical resource to other members of the Operations team and beyond
- Maintain open communication across Operations, Development, QA, and other cross-functional teams
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems and infrastructure at all levels within a LAN/WAN/Cloud environment
- Implement, test, maintain and continuously improve upon corporate disaster recovery solutions
- Use industry standards for performance and load testing of all infrastructure components
- In-depth knowledge of all things Microsoft and AWS administration
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- AWS engineer with certification accomplishments
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2019)
- Expert level of Microsoft Active Directory services - Kerberos, LDAP concepts
- SSL Certificate services - application and use
- Virtualization (VMWare preferred)
- Knowledge of relational database technologies - MS SQL and PostgreSQL
- Linux system administration
- Server, network performance monitoring
- Scripting (PowerShell, batch, etc.)
- Working hands-on experience with DNS, TCP/IP networking, DHCP, SMTP
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong client/business focus and genuine desire to assist
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Must be available to work outside of normal business hours including nights/weekends/holidays
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
SofterWare is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. SofterWare complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.
This position is only available for W2 Employees. Please note that in order to be a W2 Employee, you must reside in one of the following states: PA, NJ, NH, DE, CO, SD, TX, WY, AK, FL or Canada.