SofterWare is a dynamic, established company that builds multiple software-as-a-service (SaaS) products for clients whose dedication to bettering the world brings meaning to the work we do every day. Thousands of nonprofit organizations look to DonorPerfect software to effectively leverage their donor data, launch impactful fundraising campaigns, and grow the community that supports their cause.
Life at SofterWare
When you join SofterWare, you will:
- See the positive impact of your work by helping causes you care about
- Join a fully Agile company that embraces Agile principles in every department
- Be part of a company culture that values work-life balance and giving back to local organizations together as a team.
- Work for a company that has been named a Top Workplace in the Philadelphia region 9 times and made the Inc. 5000- list for fastests-growing private companies 8 times in the last decade.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for analyzing and translating business and technical requirements into architectural guidance. They are jointly responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of solutions, applications and services. As a key stakeholder in the software development lifecycle, they will design, document, prototype, maintain and improve software, while ensuring that best practices are employed throughout the process. They will possess rock-solid development and database skills, sound deductive reasoning, excellent time management skills, attention to detail, persistence, creativity, efficiency, and a tenacious appetite to learn. Solutions Architects will embody a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence while demonstrating the ability to work in both group and individual settings in an Agile development environment. They will act as a key voice in innovating solutions and will provide prototype and concept work, along with technical requirements, strategies and diagrams for the team to review and use.
- Design cloud-native systems that are highly-available and highly-scalable in order to meet the needs of our customers using our Software-as-a-Service platforms
- Model efficient and well structured domain entities and data schemas in order to keep our application/customer data manageable, performant, secure and accessible
- Collaborate with the development team to establish patterns, practices and standards for the team to follow and adhere to so that the code written is consistent, readable, secure, and performant
- Collaborate with the development and operations teams to achieve continuous delivery through improvements in architecture, infrastructure, applications, instrumentation, devops and testing
- Prototype solutions and lead the adoption of new technologies or paradigms that are well suited to our business and application domain
- Communicate architecture, patterns, practices, standards and design decisions through documentation, diagrams, presentations and other artifacts
- Identify and mitigate technical challenges, design flaws, performance issues, and security vulnerabilities to continuously improve our systems
- Integrate third-party systems such as, but not limited to payment processors, analytics providers, authentication services, logging and monitoring services
- Actively pursue continuous learning to stay current with industry trends, technologies and best practices
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Self driven and accountable
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert in developing and documenting enterprise level distributed systems consisting of cloud-native applications, containerization, and event-driven architecture (i.e. service bus, queues, caching)
- Expert in the full technology stack, having a deep understanding of infrastructure, networking, databases, applications and security
- Expert in architectural patterns and practices (DRY, SOC, IoC, N-Tier, Microservices, etc)
- Expert in software development and coding standards
- Expert in translating system requirements into technical implementations
- Expert in .Net Framework, .Net Core and .Net Standard
- Expert in troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in the Microsoft development stack
- 10+ years of experience in branching and release management
- 10+ years of experience in SDLC and/or ALM
- 5+ years of experience in an architect role
- 5+ years of experience with cloud environments
- 5+ years of experience with containers, microservices, and distributed systems
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
SofterWare is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. SofterWare complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.
This position is only available for W2 Employees. Please note that in order to be a W2 Employee, you must reside in one of the following states: PA, NJ, NH, DE, CO, SD, TX, WY, AK, FL or Canada.